FLOYD'S MILITIA COMPANY
Floyd's Defeat, 1781 – 2018 Immersion Event
All items should be hand stitched. Machine stitched is acceptable with visible stitching being hand
1. Round hat
2. Cocked tricorn hat
1. Silk handkerchief or linen neck stock
1. White or checked linen shirt
JACKETS and WAISTCOATS
1. Hunting shirt of linen or osneberg, split up the middle, caped and
fringed. Pleated sleeves optional.
2. Jackets and Waist coats of wool broadcloth, solid colors, linen, fit
BREACHES and TROUSERS
2. Breaches of Wool broadcloth, linen or brain tanned leather, fit well.
1. Wool socks black, gray, white, blue.
1. Brain tanned moccasins, flaps worn up.
2. Black shoes buckle or tied
1. Red or Blue wool, well fit (no baggy leggings)
2. Brain tan
1. Kentucky, Virginia style rifle
2. Smoothbore fowler in period style
BAG and HORN
1. small leather shot pouch, horn (plain or screw tip)
2. Buffalo Horn
1. Hatchet hung or tucked into belt
2. Knife (sheathed)
1. Staved canteens of documented period pattern with narrow
leather or linen webbing strap. Cheese box canteens should have narrow leather keepers
or narrow iron staples to retain the strap. 2. Gourd Canteen
KNAPSACKS and BLANKET ROLLS
1. Market Wallet, blanket roll carried on a tumpline.
1. Home spun, center seam blanket, white or off white with blue or red stripes
2. Plain white
Modern eye wear, modern shoes, BEARDS, bad attitudes.
Excessive Walnut Dye, Wearing just a waistcoat,
canvas or heavy cotton hunting shirts and anything else
the event coordinators deem inappropriate